13 April 2007

WHY? (as in, what I am trying to do here with this spot of webspace)




After living in Amsterdam for almost two years, I'm starting to get nostalgic about this place, knowing that I will be leaving in a few months. There have been ups and downs of course, but overall it has been a very interesting cultural experience (this is a people-watcher's haven, after all!). I wonder if there are some thoughts about my life here that I will regret not recording. To avoid that horrible, disastrous, life-threatening occurence, I am turning to blogging to help out. I'm writing my master's thesis at the same time, so I am uncertain just how much I will blog. We'll just have to see. As for me, I'm from Georgia -- the Georgia that's a state. I always think it'd be cool to answer such inquries with "Yes, Georgia as in the 'exotic' nation", but alas!

No comments: